I've no idea how this blog will develop, suffice to say I expect it to evolve during the next three years; during this time I shall be attending a British university and fulfilling the role of a mature student. +++++++++If you'd like to email you can at+++ mature.student@yahoo.co.uk

Tuesday 13 October 2009

All my Sons, 13th October, Curve Theatre, Arthur Miller

I arranged to meet six fit female freshers outside DMU Campus Centre under the soft hue of a cotton-budded pink and purple sunset. We met with the purpose of walking to the Curve and watching a Miller play. There you have my current life: bliss.

I accept that half a dozen female freshers is more than a handful for most men but I consider myself fully qualified to blindly follow them all; much in the same way as I've followed women all my life. Two historic wives; none current: but we live in hope....A case of optimism over experience?

Six fit female freshers outside the Campus Centre. Six fit females - forget the Campus Centre, that's just a location and adds nothing to my blissful feelings. Six fit females, all drama students or dance students and all fit. That's F.I.T, really fit.

That's the scene, six fit women and me; my life's bliss. I spend most of my days writing, scripting, rehearsing, creating, reading and living: fantastic. The rest of the day is learning, analysing, understanding, studying: fantastic. If there's any spare time I try to spend it with my friend K or cooking, eating, shopping, washing, or trip to the gym: preferably in the company of K; she's fantastic: keeps me sane.

Now you can see me and these six beautiful young women walking through the streets of Leicester in the general direction of Curve Theatre; notice no "The" in Curve Theatre: why?

Miller’s play was “All my Sons”; very powerful. Kept me spellbound. I certainly enjoyed it; some cracking performances; some rather strange: on the whole, very good. Some very impressive stage sets, a couple very strange: on the whole very good. Powerful monologues from Joe Keller and a strong scene with Joe and Chris but I felt no sympathy with any character. During the interval I was hopeful that there would be at least two suicides and one murder (perhaps two; I was prepared to have a hand in both). I was far from sympathetic to most of the characters.

My journey home was by myself with the scenes of the play flashing around my head and K at the forefront. How I wish she’s found the time to be at the theatre: she’d have enjoyed it.