I've no idea how this blog will develop, suffice to say I expect it to evolve during the next three years; during this time I shall be attending a British university and fulfilling the role of a mature student. +++++++++If you'd like to email you can at+++ mature.student@yahoo.co.uk

Wednesday 14 October 2009

This is a Villanelle for Joint BA (Creative Writing and Drama)

With biro, laptop or fountain pen
All words are crafted and carved on page:
To create the perfect specimen.

I need words as I need oxygen:
Eventually to earn a wage?
With biro, laptop or fountain pen.

Is there a more perfect denizen?
And who are you to judge or gauge?
When I create the perfect specimen.

I'm now a Leicester citizen
A clever guy, a perfect sage?
With biro, laptop or fountain pen.

A student-mature, a gentleman,
I'm about to break out of my cage
And create the perfect specimen.

I write for actor and comedian;
For radio, book and film and stage.
With biro, laptop or fountain pen
I'll create the perfect specimen.